Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 43 mal aufgerufen
 First Equinoctian Empire (Allgemein)
liny195 Offline

18.09.2019 09:54
The Colts prospect interviews are finishing up Antworten

as we approach the NFL Draft this week. Today’s player interview is Bowling Green CB Montre Gregory. The Colts could use more depth at cornerback Marlon Mack Jersey , and..." Colts AnalysisInterviewsNFL DraftColts Prospect Interviews: Bowling Green CB Montre GregoryEDTThe Colts prospect interviews are finishing up as we approach the NFL Draft this week. Today’s player interview is Bowling Green CB Montre Gregory. The Colts could use more depth at cornerback, and the under the radar Gregory could be a good fit. The interview will be towards the bottom of the page, as he interviewed exclusively with Stampede Blue to talk about attending Bowling Green University, playing in the NFLPA Bowl, and a potential move to safety in the NFL.<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="7Er5Pf">BackgroundSize:6’1” 191 poundsMeasurables (Pro Day): 40 Time: 4.50 / Bench Reps: 23 Reps / Vertical Jump: 33 inches / Broad Jump: 125 inches Career Stats:68 total tackles, 2 tackles for a loss, 1 sack, 1 interception, and 15 pass deflections in his career.Round Projection:Rounds 7-PUDFAFit with the Colts:Gregory may not be a big name in this class, but he does have the traits to be a solid add as an UDFA after the draft. He is bigger player who is a willing tackler and tested fairly well. For a team that struggled with depth at defensive back last season, an undrafted free agent who can play both safety and cornerback would be a solid add. Add in that he has strong ties to the community and is a hard worker and he would just be a great fit with this team after the draft.<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="pfyenS">Film Room: Gregory is a big-bodied player who does a good job of staying in the receiver’s hip pocket. He uses his length well to separate ball from player on film, as well.Gregory is pretty solid at coming off of the edge as well and playing the run. He's not afraid of sticking his nose in there.<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="IPIfVF">Interview:ZH: How did you end up at Bowling Green coming out of high school in Maryland?MG: I grew up in Baltimore and it was pretty tough for me. I really didn’t play football too much in high school— I grew up boxing— so when I decided to give football my all in my Senior year, my grades were pretty bad and I didn’t get to play much. I knew I wanted to leave Baltimore Quenton Nelson Color Rush Jersey , so I decided to walk on at JUCO. I looked up some schools and saw Butler was one of the best in the country, so I walked on there. I balled out, got a scholarship the next semester, but Coach Troy Morrell— who is a legendary JUCO coach— retired so I left and went to Monroe in New York closer to home. I played one year and got a scholarship to Bowling Green. I always told myself that I would always take that first scholarship offer I received, so Bowling Green was that offer and I took it and I haven’t looked back.<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="xFsJfj">ZH: After a solid career at Bowling Green, you were invited to the NFLPA Game. What was that experience like for you, and what was it like to be there after all you’ve been through?MG: It was definitely a blessing and I couldn’t have done all this on my own. I just thank God and Jesus Christ who blessed me with that, and it just felt so good, man. When I went out to the NFLPA Game, that experience was wonderful. The weather wasn’t the best, we often practiced in terrible weather and torrential downpours on a grass field. That wasn’t the best, but getting around those coaches and NFL guys who have played at that level was just great. I learned from NFL Hall of Famers like Darrell Green and coaches like Corey Hall and guys like that. It was a blessing and I’m very thankful.<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="80Ira2">ZH: You put together a pretty solid Pro Day for a player of your size. How did it feel to put together a solid performance like you did in front of all those scouts?MG: It was a blessing as well, because this whole process was kind of stressful. Knowing that scouts care about your game film https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Andrew-Luck-Jersey , but also care about how you perform and test well was stressful. I knew I was a stronger guy and faster guy but I just wanted to be able to go out there and put that stuff on paper as well. It was definitely a relief once I got it done because I trained so long and I was so disciplined with things like my diet and stuff. Just to know it worked out and hopefully helped me get to the NFL was a blessing.<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="empuMG">ZH: I noticed you are a solid tackler on film. How important is it in your mind for a corner to be good in run defense?MG: I think it is really important. Our coach wasn’t always willing to put his corners in run fits but once he got to Bowling Green and saw what I was able to do, he put me in more situations to run fit. It’s huge being able to put another guy around the line who is able to come downfield in run support. I think it is not a trait that a lot of corners have but I think they should have. I’m just blessed I was able to showcase that skill.<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="g84nwk">ZH: So you run well and are a solid tackler, would you be able to make the transition to safety if a team were to ask you to do that?MG: I’d be extremely comfortable. I actually played some safety at the NFLPA game when I wasn’t at cornerback. I’m comfortable anywhere on the back end. If they were to put me in the box, I feel like I could play some strong safety and do a good job at it. I feel like I could even play free safety as well. Anywhere in the secondary, I’d feel comfortable. I practiced all Spring last year at nickel, too, so I would be good there as well. I feel like I’m a student of the game and I really study how coordinators want their defense to be run and what I can do to help my team win.<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="9pYk1Z">ZH: Are there any players in the NFL that you model yourself after/compare yourself to?MG: I kind of watch a lot of guys and try to steal aspects of their games for myself. I watch a lot of Jalen Ramsey and Patrick Peterson. For the safety position, I like watching Jamal Adams and Kam Chancellor when he was playing. I just watch those type of guys and see what I can take from their game for myself.<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="hkVO3j">ZH: Last question for you. On and off the field, what is my team getting if they draft you in this class?MG: A guy that won’t quit and will work harder than everybody else in the facility. Really dedicated to getting better each day and really in love with the process of it all. I love practice, I love film, I love it all. My heart is always going to be in it. Off the field, I’m somebody who will be doing wonderful things for the community, especially the inner city. Wherever I end up at Josh Ferguson Jersey , I’ll be doing a lot of work for the inner city and single mothers and helping those type of people out. With just over two weeks until training camp begins, the last hurrah of the offseason arrives today in the form of the 2019 NFL Supplemental Draft. The Supplemental Draft is primarily an event for..." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesStampede Blue homepageHorizontal - WhiteStampede Bluean Indianapolis Colts communityFollow Stampede Blue online:Follow Stampede Blue on TwitterFollow Stampede Blue on FacebookLog in or sign upLog InSign UpSite searchSearchSearchStampede Blue main menuFanpostsFanshotsColtsShopAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 321 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Colts StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Colts NewsYahoo Colts Team PageYahoo Colts ReportYahoo Colts Depth ChartYahoo Colts TransactionsYahoo Colts PhotosShop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Breaking NewsAndrew Luck Retires×Will the Colts be active in the 2019 NFL Supplemental Draft?New,6commentsEDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:Will the Colts be active in the 2019 NFL Supplemental Draft?TwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailWith just over two weeks until training camp begins, the last hurrah of the offseason arrives today in the form of the 2019 NFL Supplemental Draft. The Supplemental Draft is primarily an event for players who have lost their eligibility at the NCAA level, often because of discipline by the school or the NCAA for any number of infractions. Players who no longer have eligibility but did not declare for the draft may be eligible for the Supplemental Draft. This year there are 5 players who are eligible to be selected in the 2019 Supplemental Draft:Devonaire Clarington, TE, NorthlandShyheim Cullen, LB, SyracuseBryant Perry, DB, St. FrancisMarcus Simms, WR, West VirginiaJalen Thompson T.J. Green Color Rush Jersey , S, Washington StateWhile the Supplemental Draft can often be uneventful, last year saw two selections. CB Sam Beal was taken in the 3rd round by the New York Giants and CB Adonis Alexander was taken in the 6th round by the Washington Redskins. Teams place bids on a player they wish to draft by sending an email to the league with the round they would draft the player in. Picks come from the following year’s draft. The team with the highest round bid on a player gets that player. If two teams bid the same round, the league uses a system which breaks teams into three groups to determine the winner. Those groups are: those with six or fewer wins, teams with more than six wins who missed the playoffs, and playoff teams. Inside each of those groups a lottery assigns priority to each team and determines who gets a player in the event of two teams bidding the same round on them. In the event that a player is not selected, they revert to being a free agent and are free to sign with any team. Will the Colts be active in this year’s Supplemental Draft? My guess is that it is unlikely we see the Colts make any moves, but we will find out soon enough.The 2019 Supplemental Draft begins at 1pm ET.

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz