Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 33 mal aufgerufen
 First Equinoctian Empire (Allgemein)
jokergreen0220 Offline

14.02.2019 09:09
SAN FRANCISCO - Those oversized panda heads are being put away — at least the ones seen in the first row at AT&T Park. [url=http Antworten

SAN FRANCISCO - Those oversized panda heads are being put away — at least the ones seen in the first row at AT&T Park. Wholesale Curry Shoes . Pablo Sandovals bamboo-eating buddies arent following him to Beantown.Sam Li, a San Francisco Giants fan often inside one of the four humongous panda heads, said Wednesday he and his friends have decided they must find a new way to honour their team. They had worn those heads in tribute to Sandoval, nicknamed Kung Fu Panda by teammate Barry Zito in September 2008.After his $17.15 million, three-year contract ended with the Giants, Sandoval agreed to a $95 million, five-year deal with Boston this week, saying he needed a new challenge.Li, best friend Michael Jessen and about eight others have rotated under the panda heads in recent years. Li said in an email to The Associated Press that the group became Giants fans while attending college at California-Berkeley across the bay and found the original head on Amazon.com for about $130. They acquired the rest from a toy manufacturer who is a friend of Lis.We could not believe how much more fun those little somethings — the panda heads — brought to every San Franciscans life, Li wrote. For that, we felt the best. We have stuck those heads out of our car windows after games, and every single San Franciscan on the street brought a wide grin and joy. It is only a very small something, not more than say bringing a jacket to a game, but it touches so many people on so many levels, and in a lot of cases, changes peoples life. It is wonderful.Li said the group hopes to donate one of the panda heads to the Giants with the idea that it could be placed in the clubhouse or somewhere special in the ballpark to remember Sandovals contributions to World Series title teams in 2010, 12 and 14. Li termed the head part of Giants history.Sandoval, a free-swinging, switch-hitting third baseman, was MVP of the 2012 Series sweep of Detroit after a three-homer game in the opener.Sandoval wasnt even Lis favourite Giants player. That distinction goes to catcher Buster Posey, and the group wore Posey jerseys along with the panda heads.Everyone asked, Why 28 jersey with panda? We always answered, We are here for the team, Li said. It is teamwork, and the Giants have better teamwork than any other baseball team.Li said part of the pleasure of wearing the panda heads has been to support the Giants without making their identities known. Some of the group also wore fake facial hair during the Fear the Beard movement when bushy-bearded closer Brian Wilson worked the ninth inning for San Francisco.The only other member of the group Li identified by name was Jessen, president of Wallys Wine Auctions in New York. Li said he and his friends attended every post-season game during each World Series run.We must have about 10 different friends of ours inside a panda head at games, in some rotations, Li said. (Michael) is a Yankees fan, naturally, but the Giants are his National League team and West Coast team, so it fit well to his passion for the Yankees. Other friends are more shy like myself.They have enjoyed getting to know Sandoval and wish him well. But they are loyal to the orange and black and dont have a trip planned to Fenway Park to catch Sandoval in a Red Sox uniform next year.Good luck to Pablo, and we will watch Boston with interest, Li said. Nothing more. We will not cheer for any other player than in Giants jerseys. We will have to find something else to bring that dimension back to the game. We will retire the panda heads. Discount Curry Shoes . The San Antonio Spurs handled the conditions, and the team, and it sure helped when a suffering LeBron James couldnt make it to the finish. Buy Curry Shoes Online . PAUL, Minn – The clock lingered for what seemed like an interminable two minutes and 51 seconds before Mark Fraser finally escaped to the bench during a wildly one-sided first period of an eventual loss to Boston. http://www.discountcurryshoes.com/ . Both sides came closest to scoring in the first half, when Roma had a goal from Mattia Destro waved off for offside and Inters Rodrigo Palacio headed high. "A draw was a fair result. Neither squad had many chances," Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic said.Canadas smartest person knows better than to rush back from injury. Peter Dyakowski is easily handling stairs and weighted squats five months after suffering a serious knee injury in the 2013 Grey Cup. Despite his progress following surgery for a torn patellar tendon, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats offensive lineman doesnt expect to be ready for the start of training camp June 1. "Ill be there and active but Im not going to be close to contact," Dyakowski said in an interview. "Im working on jogging the rest of this month and in May Ill be running and getting into football drills. "But with this injury, caution is very important to keep in mind. I want to be back playing better than I did before, thats my goal and motivation here." The six-foot-five, 325-pound Dyakowski has been a solid performer for the Ticats. He was their 2011 nominee for the CFLs top lineman award and the following season claimed East Division and CFLPA all-star honours. And last year, Dyakowski played in his first Grey Cup. But it wasnt necessarily a positive experience as Hamilton not only lost 45-23 to the hometown Saskatchewan Roughriders but Dyakowski left the game on a stretcher before halftime due to his injury. "When I woke up that morning, I was about to be a Grey Cup champion," he said. "Just before halftime Im loaded up on my right leg pushing on (Riders defensive tackle) Keith Shologan with everything Ive got and I get hit right in the back of the knee. "Youre supposed to get hurt, it happens to everyone but being carted off the field an unable to walk off was probably one of the most embarrassing, shameful moments of my life. I felt awful." Four days later Dyakowski has surgery. Then the real fun began. "The first couple of months were brutal, I was horizontal for the most part," he said. "Now Im doing several days a week at the Ticats headquarters and a couple days at McMaster because they have an underwater treadmill and its really coming along. "Ive got a bit more time ahead of me than behind but I feel like Im closer to the finish than the start." When Dyakowski returns to Hamiltons lineup, he wont have teammate Marwan Hage to lean on. The 10-year veteran centre retired this week, four months after being selected by Ottawa in the CFL expansion draft. "Its going to be different because aside from a couple times where one of us was injured, Ive played my entire seven years here next to Marwan," Dyakowski said. "Over the years I learned a lot from him so Ill be a better player for it even though hes gone." But the fun-loving 29-year-old Vancouver native is more than just muscle and brawn. In 2012, Dyakowski won CBCs "Canadas Smartest Person" show, beating out contestants in six categories of intelligence: musical, physical, social, logical, visual and linguistic. "Canadas Smartest Person" returns this year as a weekly series and Dyakowski says hes living proof anyone can win. "In some ways I personified that whole idea," said Dyakowski, who wont be defending his title on the show. "It was vindication, of sorts, tthat we football players arent all that dumb. Cheap Curry Shoes China. quot; Then again, Dyakowski isnt a typical jock. He attended LSU, a traditional NCAA football powerhouse, on an athletic scholarship while majoring in mechanical engineering. In his third year Dyakowski had to switch to history and geography because football commitments prevented him from booking engineering labs, which were required for third- and fourth-year classes. "I started out with high aspirations, I was going to build bridges and machines," he said. "But football, especially in the SEC, is a year-round, full-time job and we didnt really have any time after noon to book classes and the engineering labs are only given in the afternoon. "So I was either looking at puttering around for my five years there taking courses I didnt need or biting the bullet and changing my major so I changed to history and geography. I shouldve stayed in hard science in hindsight but I love history and figured I might as well pick something I love." Dyakowskis success on "Canadas Smartest Person," is further proof in football circles that offensive linemen are the most cerebral players. "I went just for fun," he said. "I had a friend say, You should try out for this show, Canadas Smartest Person, and I thought, Its going to be embarrassing but why not? "When I won it, it was a total surprise." Dyakowski isnt done testing his wits on television. He was recently a contestant on "Jeopardy." "(Host Alex Trebek) is a Ticats fan so it was kind of cool," Dyakowski said. "One of the really neat things was at the start when they say, This is Jeopardy, actually seeing the guy (announcer Johnny Gilbert) doing it live because I always thought it was a recording. "Its very reassuring, very comforting to hear this familiar voice and see this kind, grandfatherly type figure saying it." So how did Dyakowski fare? "Im contractually obligated to maintain strict silence officially," said Dyakowski, who will appear on the show in June. "However, I will say it was a lot of fun and Ill have many stories when the time is right. "Unfortunately, there were no categories about Tim Hortons pastries. I think the other contestants wouldve cried foul if those had come up." Possessing a superior intellect has allowed Dyakowski to take a unique approach to dealing with trash talk on the football field. "I try to maintain a certain level of composure and have fun with that," he said. "I try to be very creative and target deep-seeded psychological anxieties that my opponents may have and exploit it. "Comments about their weight, for example, and theyre self-conscious for the rest of the game and worried if the cameras are picking up them in an unflattering light. Before they know it, theyre messing with their jersey and not thinking about sacking the quarterback. I also try to think up good nicknames and a few good comments. I go for humour and its usually appreciated by the opposition. Occasionally, though, youll meet a guy without a sense of humour." Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz