Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 First Equinoctian Empire (Allgemein)
jokergreen0220 Offline

05.03.2019 07:49
HOUSTON -- Anyone whos seen Jadeveon Clowneys monster tackle against Michigan in the Outback Bowl last year wont be surprised to Antworten

HOUSTON -- Anyone whos seen Jadeveon Clowneys monster tackle against Michigan in the Outback Bowl last year wont be surprised to learn what the No. Adidas NMD Originales Baratas . 1 overall pick likes best about football. "Big hits," he said. "Im all about hitting. I dont care who it is." Thats what the Houston Texans are counting on from the South Carolina defensive end after skipping a chance to take a quarterback -- their top need -- with the top pick Thursday night. Clowney was introduced on Friday in Houston, joining a team that features 2012 Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt. Clowney was already known as a top player before that hit in the Outback Bowl. But when he burst through the line and crashed into Vincent Smith, knocking his helmet off and the ball out of his hands in the process, his star power reached another level. Hes hoping to pile up plenty more highlight-reel hits this season, but knows hell have to be careful about how he delivers them. "Thats what I live for is making big hits," he said. "I hope I dont get no fines this year. I might have to dial it down a little." New Houston coach Bill OBrien, who took over a team that hasnt won since Sept. 15, raved about Clowneys many attributes. But one thing stood out to OBrien as he got to know Clowney. "He really talked about how much he loved winning and how winning was important to him," OBrien said. "These are the type guys that were looking for, were looking for team guys, were looking for tough guys, were looking for guys that are going to come in here and understand that theyre part of a team and theyre coming here to work hard." Houston general manager Rick Smith obviously coveted Clowney for his pass-rushing ability, but values his attitude perhaps just as much. "Hes driven, and in my opinion very committed to being an excellent football play, and we need that," Smith said. Clowney doesnt model his play after any player in particular, but he does study many guys to elevate his game. "I watch J.J. Watt, I watch Ray Lewis, I watch Lawrence Taylor before games," Clowney said. "I go out there on the field (and say): Im about to pull a Lawrence Taylor. Im about to pull a Ray Lewis today. I try to take over the game and try to dominate a game and thats what I do." Clowney got a good laugh during Thursdays news conference when OBrien referred to him as J.D. "I guess he has trouble pronouncing Jadeveon," Clowney said. "So I told him: Just call me J.D., man. Were going to keep it simple. And its quicker and easier." This isnt anything new to Clowney, who said people say his unique name wrong all the time. "I ask mom: Where you get that name from? I mispronounce it sometimes," he joked. "Its all right though. Ive got so many nicknames, people give me J., J.D. call me Clowney, 7. Ive got so many names. Just dont call me Clown." Everyone in his family has names that starts with the letter J, and his mother wanted to incorporate his father Davids name into her sons and came up with the hybrid name. Clowney grew up in Rock Hill, South Carolina, which has a population of less than 70,000 people. Hes excited about moving to big city, but is a bit concerned about the traffic in Houston, home to more than 2 million people. "I better get here early," Clowney said. "If I got to be here at 8, Ive got to get up at 5:30-6, get going and get here on time." Adidas NMD Comprar Online . -- A lawyer for the fiancee of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez asked a judge Friday to throw out perjury charges, saying Shayanna Jenkins did not wilfully lie as she was bombarded with 1,630 questions over two days before a grand jury. Adidas NMD Baratas . Sixteen teams have moved on. Sixteen teams have gone home. http://www.adidasnmdbaratas.es/ . New York Red Bulls. TSN primes Vancouver fans for the start of the 2014 season with MLS on TSN: Season Preview Special airing tonight at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt on TSN2 (encore Friday at 3:30pm et/12:30pm pt on TSN2).MINNEAPOLIS - Carolina coach Ron Rivera earned the moniker Riverboat Ron last year after he gambled early in a game against the Minnesota Vikings by twice going for it on fourth down, a successful strategy that helped spearhead the Panthers eight-game winning streak that pushed them into the playoffs.He probably should have taken the same approach in the rematch on Sunday.Panthers punter Brad Nortman had two punts blocked and returned for touchdowns in the first half of a 31-13 loss to the Vikings, making Carolina the first team to give up two punt blocks for touchdowns in the same game since 1990.Its really disappointing. Its frustrating. Every adjective you can come up with, its that, said tight end Greg Olsen, whose Panthers have lost six straight and, thanks to a tie with Cincinnati, have not won since Oct. 12. Right now were not very good. Were not playing very well. And you lose in this league when you play poorly. Its pretty simple.Cam Newton was 18 for 35 for 194 yards with one touchdown and one interception and rushed for 49 of the teams 178 yards. But the break downs on special teams put this chilly game on ice in a hurry.Adam Thielen got things started in the first quarter when he blocked Nortmans punt, picked it up, broke a tackle and ran 30 yards for a touchdown that made it 14-0 just over midway through the quarter. Just over 13 minutes of game time later, Jasper Brinkley blocked Nortmans punt and Everson Griffen ran 43 yards for another score and a 21-3 lead.Panthers coach Ron Rivera said the blocks were the result of breakdowns by individual players he did not identify, and had nothing to do with blocking schemes.We get two blocks, you go down (18) points because of those two blocks and you never really give yourself a chance to compete, Rivera said after his team fell to 0-4 coming out of the bye during his tenure. Now youre throwing the game plan out.It was just the fifth time in NFL history that a team has had two punts blocked and returned for touchdowns in the same game, according to STATS. The Detroit Lions were the last team to score on two blocked punts in one half back in 1975. Adidas NMD España. Its frustrating. Its tough, Nortman said. We want to make a positive impact on the game. As a punt team, we strive for that. So having plays like that occur, its obviously not what we go for and it makes it a tough deal for the other sides of the ball.Vikings rookie quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, who struggled in a loss to the Green Bay Packers last week, was 15 for 21 for 138 yards and two touchdowns, including a 17-yarder to Greg Jennings just before halftime that gave them a 28-6 lead.Newton threw a 32-yard touchdown to Philly Brown in the third quarter that made it 28-13, but the Panthers struggled with field position for much of the second half, another side effect of the blocked punts. Marcus Sherels returned two for 45 yards in the fourth quarter, giving the Vikings the ball in Carolina territory each time.With the two blocked punts, we tried to become a little bit more protection-oriented at the end of the game, Nortman said. It was just one of those things where you obviously couldnt allow another one.Even though they came into the game at 3-7-1, the Panthers actually still held out hopes of making the playoffs in the woeful NFC South. They were just a half-game behind the division-leading Saints with a game in New Orleans looming next week. But the Saints beat the Steelers and after the sloppiness in Minnesota, the Panthers felt much further away.You play this game for one reason and one reason only, and that is to win, Newton said. So as far as being frustrated, Im not frustrated at all. Im just yearning for a win.NOTES: It was the seventh-coldest game in Vikings history, with a kickoff temperature of 12 degrees and a wind chill well below zero. Theyre playing outside this year for the first time since 1981. ... Jonathan Stewart rushed for a season-high 85 yards on 12 carries. ... Panthers S Tre Boston will get X-rays after rolling an ankle, Rivera said. RB DAngelo Williams also left the game with a hand injury, but Rivera said he was uncertain on the severity of that injury.___AP NFL websites: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz