Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 Diplomatie
elaine95 Offline

16.04.2019 07:49
the net, but the puck deflected off Antworten

TORONTO — John Tavares used to be a mainstay of the New York Islanders Steven Kampfer Jersey Womens , eventually becoming their captain.The 28-year-old center, however, will be on the opposing team for the first time in his career Saturday night when the Islanders visit the Toronto Maple Leafs at the Scotiabank Arena.“I assume it will be strange for sure at some level,” said Tavares, who signed as a free agent with the Maple Leafs during the offseason. “It’s really hard to say because I’ve never done it before.”Article continues below ...Tavares had a strong warmup for the reunion with his former team, scoring two goals Friday night when the Maple Leafs defeated the Blue Jackets 4-2 in Columbus.The Islanders also are coming off a win, overcoming 2-0 and 3-1 deficits at home to defeat the Ottawa Senators 6-3 on Friday.Tavares had 272 goals and 349 assists in 669 games with the Islanders and was their captain from 2013-18.In 38 games with Toronto, he has 26 goals, and is on a pace that would surpass his career-best 38 goals, set in 2014-15.“He’s got a stick like a crowbar,” Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock said. “He’s heavy, heavy on it. He’s got elite hockey sense.”“He’s getting to the net, he’s making plays,” said Maple Leafs right winger Mitch Marner, who assisted on both goals by Tavares Friday and scored one himself. “I think everyone knew when he came here how good of a one-on-one player he was. I think when he gets it, it’s just for me to try to find the open space and let him go to work on the people he’s going to work on.”It figures to be an emotional night in Toronto Saturday.“You’re in one place so long and you give so much to one place,” Tavares said. “I’m sure there will be many emotions. At the same time Laurent Brossoit Jersey Womens , I have to approach it the best way I can, just like any other game. I have to do my best to help my team win and try to play my best and be as best prepared as I can.”Tavares, who grew up in the Toronto area, has been an important addition to the Maples Leafs, who have matured into Stanley Cup contenders.“Johnny meant so much to this organization and to us in the room, his friends and teammates,” Islanders left winger Anders Lee, now the team captain, told Newsday. “I think we’re all looking forward to playing the game and seeing him.”Mathew Barzal had two goals and an assist on Friday for the Islanders, who have won five of their past six games. The Maple Leafs have won five in a row.“I know he has a lot of good friends in our room,” Islanders coach Barry Trotz said. “They do have a little bit of hurt. They understand it. But they’d like to have him as a teammate and he decided he didn’t need them as teammates anymore.”The return theme works both ways. Former Maple Leafs, left winger Matt Martin and right winger Leo Komarov, both signed with the Islanders in the offseason, and former Maple Leafs general manager Lou Lamoriello will be returning to their former home rink in Toronto.Lamoriello became Islanders president of hockey operations after Tavares signed with Toronto.Maple Leafs backup goaltender Garret Sparks got the start in Columbus Friday, which will set up No. 1 Frederik Andersen for the start on Friday.Islanders goaltender Robin Lehnert stopped all 10 shots he faced after he took over in the second period from Thomas Greiss, who allowed three goals on 17 shots.The Maple Leafs and Islanders were both playing their first game since Sunday.Islanders right wingers Jordan Eberle (stiffness) and Cal Clutterbuck (lower body) did not play Friday. NEW YORK (AP) — Coming off three straight losses, the New York Islanders fell behind early. They took the lead with two quick goals and then pulled away in the third period for a confidence-building win.Tom Kuhnhackl scored two unusual goals to lead the Islanders to a 5-2 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday night.“We definitely didn’t have the start we wanted Timothy Liljegren Jersey Womens ,” Kuhnhackl said. “After they scored that first goal we had a great response throughout that first period. We knew they were going to have a push in the second period. We just had to weather the storm.”Jordan Eberle had a goal and an assist, and Josh Bailey and Cal Clutterbuck also scored for the Islanders, who had won five straight before their losing streak. Mathew Barzal and Brock Nelson each had two assists and Thomas Greiss stopped 22 shots.“Just because it’s not April doesn’t mean it’s not a must-win,” Clutterbuck said. “You don’t want to give a five-game winning streak back. We knew today we had to dig in and win it.”New York improved to 5-0-2 in the last seven meetings with Vancouver.Brendan Leipsic had a goal and an assist, and Jake Virtanen also scored for the Canucks, who have lost two straight after a 4-0-2 stretch. Jacob Markstrom, starting for the ninth consecutive game with Anders Nilsson injured, finished with 29 saves.Vancouver, coming off a 2-1 loss across town against the Rangers on Monday night, fell to 1-2-2 on a six-game trip.“This was deflating,” Canucks coach Travis Green said. “It was one of those nights. I like how we battled back. But down two on the road, you can be a little tired. It was a disappointing loss.”Kuhnhackl got his second of the game at 3:26 of the third period as Eberle’s pass from the right corner deflected off Kuhnhackl’s stick, a Vancouver defenseman’s stick, and then Kuhnhackl’s skate and in to push the Islanders’ lead to 4-2. The goal stood after a video review, giving Kuhnhackl his first career multi-goal game.Clutterbuck scored a power-play goal with 2:54 left, the Islanders’ first in four games with the man-advantage. It was also Clutterbuck’s first goal since Jan. 13 against the Rangers.“It’s been a while,” he said. “The worst thing is there’s a lot of self-doubt that creeps in. Ten games Antoine Roussel Jersey Womens , 15 games is one thing, but when it’s that long you begin to doubt your own ability. … It’s a big relief.”Trailing 3-1 after one period, the Canucks pulled within one on a power-play goal early in the second as Virtanen knocked in a rebound in front for his eighth of the season at 2:51.Leipsic got the Canucks on the scoreboard first, taking a pass from Michael Del Zotto at the bottom of the left circle and beating Greiss up high for his second of the season 2:48 into the game.The Islanders went ahead with two goals 45 seconds apart. Kuhnhackl tied it on a delayed penalty on Vancouver as he swiped a backhander from his knees while falling down below the left circle, and the puck managed to sneak in between Markstrom’s right pad and the post at 5:11.“I tried to spin away from the defenseman, and I thought I got tripped and they got a penalty,” Kuhnhackl said, “so I just tried to throw it on net and I was fortunate enough the puck went in.”New York went ahead when Bailey tried to send a pass across to Anders Lee at the right side of the net, but the puck deflected off the skate of Vancouver defenseman Christopher Tanev and in at 5:56. Barzal’s assist on the play gave him 100 points for his career.Eberle pushed the Islanders’ lead to 3-1 as he took a pass from Nelson from the left corner and poked it past Markstrom from the right side in front with 5:10 left in the opening period. Nelson got his 200th career point.NOTES: Loui Eriksson had an assist on Virtanen’s goal, giving him nine assists and 16 points in 16 games against the Islanders. He also has four assists and eight points in his last six games. … Vancouver dropped to 5-2-1 when scoring first. … Islanders forward Andrew Ladd injured his right leg late in the second period and did not play in the third. … Eberle has 19 goals and 10 assists in 38 career games against the Canucks. … Nelson has four assists and 11 points in his last 11 games. … Jennifer Botterill, a three-time Olympic gold medalist on Canada’s women’s hockey team, made her debut as an analyst on the Islanders broadcast on MSG Network. She joined Shannon Burke, Butch Goring and Brendan Burke.UP NEXTCanucks: At Minnesota on Thursday night to finish a six-game trip.Islanders: Host the crosstown-rival Rangers on Thursday night.

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz