Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 32 mal aufgerufen
 First Equinoctian Empire (Allgemein)
jokergreen0220 Offline

10.08.2019 08:52
ASHBURN, Va. [url=http://www.indianssale.com/indians-joe-carter-jersey/]Joe Carter Jersey[/url] . -- London Fletcher says he get Antworten

ASHBURN, Va. Joe Carter Jersey . -- London Fletcher says he gets his bell rung perhaps twice a game. Hes played in 240 games in a row, not counting preseason and playoffs. Do the math, and it adds up. The Washington Redskins linebacker has seen a lot of stars. "I play inside linebacker and I like to play it physical," Fletcher said Thursday. "So, I dont know, it can happen a couple of times a game, but I wouldnt classify them as concussions; theyre just, you know, bell-ringing. Youll see stars for a second, and then youre back to normal in two, three seconds, whatever the case may be. Thats just the way the game is." The 38-year-old Fletcher, who has never missed a game in 16 NFL seasons, is decidedly old-school. In a profile in this weeks issue of Sports Illustrated, he reveals that he suffered a concussion last preseason that he and the team kept secret from the public. "Im not going to tell an opponent about anything that Ive got going on, so its just the way I am," Fletcher told reporters in the Redskins locker room. "You play football, you have things that bother you all the time. If I go around telling you all everything thats bothering me, youd be writing a story every day." So what was suspected was true. When coach Mike Shanahan said Fletcher was "not feeling right" and kept evading follow-up questions, it turned out that the linebacker did get a concussion when he was hit by a teammate while defending a pass in the preseason opener in August 2012 against the Buffalo Bills. Fletcher stayed in the game a few more plays before telling trainers he was feeling dizzy, and he missed the next preseason game. Asked why he didnt reveal Fletchers concussion, Shanahan said: "I dont remember, to be honest with you. Ive got a hard enough time thinking about what it was last week with injuries, yet a year ago." Teams are not required to issue regular injury reports during preseason. Still, had the injury occurred in September instead of August, Fletcher wouldnt now hold the longest active consecutive games streak in the league. "If I had suffered the concussion in a regular season game, I would not have been able to play that following week," he said. What Fletcher didnt tell the trainers was that he was dealing with a byproduct from the concussion well into the regular season. He was over the actual concussion, but something still wasnt right with his head. "It wasnt a situation where I was all wobbly or anything like that," Fletcher said. "Its just every now and then I would maybe have a little sway. I would notice it. Nobody else would notice it. So I never told the team about that." It wasnt until he had a hamstring injury in October that Fletcher told the team about his "balance" issues. It turned out to be problem in his neck that was resolved easily. Fletcher hadnt been his usual self up until then, and once the problem was treated he had a strong second half and was named second-team All-Pro. "I think players sometimes go running to the training room too much," Fletcher said. "You get a hangnail, you go run to the trainer. You get a sprained finger, you go running to the trainer, things like that. For me, Im just of the mentality, if you can go out and play, you dont need to run to the training room about every little thing thats going on. "Obviously, looking back, I shouldve told the team about that part of it a lot sooner because it was something that was taken care of immediately. Thats the only regret I have about the situation." Fletchers comments about regular "bell-ringing" are sure to add the growing debate surrounding football safety. Experts have tried to educate coaches and players that "getting your bell rung" is not something to be ignored. That only works, however, if the player reports it or a coach or teammate notices it. "I remember a number of quarterbacks come to the sideline, and you knew there was something wrong," Shanahan said. "And you give the old 1-2-3 finger test and they go back out there. Times have changed, and education has changed for the right reason." Fletcher said he hasnt "taken the time" to count all of his concussions, including maybe one or two hes had while playing pickup basketball. Hes fully aware of concussion-related lawsuits filed by former NFL players, so he knows what hes up against once hes retired. "I signed up for this," he said. "Nobody makes me play this game." Notes: Robert Griffin III (right knee surgery) had his second full practice in a row, still progressing toward a target of playing in the regular season opener Sept. 9. "He was able to get a lot more reps," offensive co-ordinator Kyle Shanahan said. "And do some that werent totally scripted." ... With QB Kirk Cousins recovering from a sprained right foot, Mike Shanahan said Rex Grossman and Pat White will probably each play a half Saturday against the Bills. Jim Thome Indians Jersey . Riethers apparent stamp on Manchester United midfielder Adnan Januzaj during Saturdays Premier League match at Craven Cottage was missed by the match officials. A three-man panel of former referees reviewed the incident and all agreed that it was a sending-off offence. Jason Kipnis Jersey . Virtanen opened the scoring at 6:45 of the first period, then gave Canada a two-goal lead with a power-play goal 1:03 into the second. Sweden cut the lead in half when Daniel Muzito Bagenda scored a power-play goal at 10:57 of the second. http://www.indianssale.com/indians-hanley-ramirez-jersey/ . Schaub will start for an injured Case Keenum and try to help the Texans end a 12-game skid. Schaubs last action in Houston came when he took over late in a game against Oakland on Nov. 17 as Keenum was struggling.FLORHAM PARK, N.J. - Rex Ryan already knew facing Peyton Manning is a daunting task in any week. But the fact the Denver Broncos quarterback is heading to New York five touchdown passes away from tying Brett Favres career record? Well, that just doesnt sit well with the Jets coach. Oh, God, said a wide-eyed Ryan, drawing laughs, when informed Friday of the impending milestone. Lets hope he doesnt do it this week. That, of course, would likely mean bad things for the Jets, who have lost four in a row and are trying to save their season before it spirals out of control. Going up against the soon-to-be touchdown tossing king isnt exactly the ideal cure for the teams woes. Manning, who has 503 career TD passes, threw for a career-high 479 yards last weekend with four scores in a 41-20 win over Arizona, tying Dan Marino for the most 400-yard games in NFL history with 13. Ryan was asked if the thought of Manning breaking the record against the Jets entered his mind. No, Im not going into the game thinking were going to give up five touchdown passes, he said. Hes beat me enough through the years. He doesnt need to break the record against me. Ryan is 2-5 in his career against Manning, as both a defensive co-ordinator with Baltimore and as a head coach with New York. One of those wins came in 2009, when Manning was pulled early to prevent injury with the playoff-bound Indianapolis Colts entering the game 14-0. And, if a five-touchdown game for Manning sounds like a stretch, he has thrown at least that many nine times in his career a€” eight in the regular season. That includes a seven-TD performance against Baltimore in last years season opener that tied an NFL record. Manning also has had five touchdown passes six times, including the playoffs, with the most recent coming against Kansas City last December. So, yeah, its very possible. Its a huge challenge for our defence, linebacker David Harris said. Were facing the best quarterback of all time. Jets defensive co-ordinator Dennis Thurman laughed and shook his head when he was asked how the Jets cann stop Manning. Carlos Baerga Jersey. That is really funny, Thurman said. Everybody has jokes. Nobody else has (stopped him), right? Has anybody else stopped him? Well, not many. Manning is off to another terrific start, with 12 touchdowns and three interceptions in the Broncos 3-1 start. While the touchdown mark is the headline, he also needs just 203 yards to pass Jake Plummer (11,631) for the fourth-most yards passing in Broncos history, and 335 to pass Brian Griese (11,763) for third. And its only Mannings third season with the franchise. New Yorks defence is ranked No. 6 overall, in terms of yardage allowed, but has struggled against the likes of Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler, Matthew Stafford and Philip Rivers in recent weeks. The Jets realize they need to get in Mannings face and make him uncomfortable to have a shot at slowing him down. But, as Ryan knows, thats easier said than done. You cant give him as clear a picture as he wants it to be, Ryan said. I think if he has a clear picture, hes just going to carve you up. Youve got to change some things on him. That means mixing up defensive schemes, blitzing packages, pass-rushing pressure and coverage in the secondary. Weve got our hands full, Harris said. It also means the Jets wont rely much on old film of their successes against Manning. He has probably studied all of that stuff already, Thurman said. From what I understand, he has a projector at home and has two or three different guys breaking down tapes for him two or three weeks ahead of time. He has already done that stuff. So if we go backward, we are probably playing in his wheelhouse. The Jets got their first interception of the season last week, and trying to force turnovers has been a focus. New York is also tied for the league lead with 17 sacks, so the Jets front seven could be plenty active on Sunday. Im certainly no expert on how to stop him, Ryan said. Weve had some battles through the years and hes gotten the better of it a lot of times. But, Im not just going to sit in there and just play one or two coverages. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz